miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2008

Is it important to know English (or any other language)?

The answer is "absolutely yes." First, it is important because it makes you think about your own language. Second, it is and enriching experience in different aspects of your life. For example, you can communicate effectively with people from other countries and you can learn about new cultures which aren't as far as you maythink. Third, it is an important tool in a globalized world where English is the main spoken and written language for bussiness, international relations, etc. Fourth, it allows you to travel all around the world and have few difficulties when trying to make yourself understood. Fifth, ... There are lots of advantages, but, in my opinion, the most important one is human communication. I still remember the first time I travelled abroad. I went to England and I realized that what I had learnt in class and seemed so distant was, in fact, real and useful. You can't imagine what I felt when I uttered those first sentences in a real situation... It was, is and will be an unforgettable experience!

No hay comentarios: